Corcentric helps its Customers optimize how to purchase, pay, and get paid, so they can run smoother, spend smarter, and increase their cash flow utilizing a wide range of Technical Solutions. Corcentric’s Network Operation Centre (NOC) team is looking for an additional Engineer to join us. We are responsible for ensuring the maximum possible service availability and performance for Corcentric's customer facing ISP services and internal network and systems. Our team is responsible for managing and maintaining all systems providing these services.
About the Candidate
While you will have some commercial experience working as a NOC Engineer, it's more important that you have the aptitude and demonstrable skills needed to fulfill this role.
You can communicate, work and interact well with other Engineers and internal Users/Customers in any situation.
You will develop a solid understanding of Corcentric's products and processes, you will be able to learn and use your experience and initiative to tackle a broad range of problems and contribute to the growing success of Corcentric within the IT Team.
You can multitask and change projects and priorities as directed.
You can work well in a stressful environment.
You can document your work in detail for easy follow up by other Engineers and auditing purposes.
You will interact frequently with Vendor’s Technical Support, Development, Service Provisioning and Integration teams so it's important that you are able to communicate ideas and information to people from a non-technical background.
Once you've settled into the role, you may be asked to work some weekends during maintenance windows, product upgrades as well as covering both planned and unplanned out of hour’s related work.
· Working within the IT Team ensure stable and reliable ISP network services (e.g. access products, service networks and core network).
· Day-to-day network performance monitoring (Solarwinds, Zenoss-Nagios).
· Deployment and maintenance of network monitoring, analysis and reporting tools for auditing purposes.
· Network troubleshooting and fault analysis; hardware troubleshooting and repair.
· Trouble ticket generation and response; carrier interface and escalations.
· Application of configuration changes via our change control systems and processes once approved by Corcentric’s Management Team following predefined Corcentric Policies
· Installation of network hardware, IOS, Firmware and software.
· Perform other tasks as assigned or required by the IT Director and or CTO