Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain specification libraries for Corcentric and clients
- Gather specification requirements from clients
- Document mappings and requirements
- Analyze specifications for required and requested data
- Create mapping specs required by Biztalk developer
- Create agreements required by Biztalk administrator
- Work with client on document transport and content
- Test and verify documents’ end-to-end processing
- Setup the system with proper processing data (Cross-references, location setups, etc.)
- Assist Tier 1 Support group with data mapping issues
The following outlines the management expectations of an Integration Specialist that can be measured objectively and/or subjectively for performance review purposes:
- Evaluate client needs and determine document type and specification needed for integration.
- Analyze data for required elements and work with clients to supply missing information.
- Document all specifications being traded.
- Work with client on data content ensuring required data is being sent and codes are accurate.
- Accurately track and submit all Project Billable time in the T&E system on a daily basis. (future)
- Proactively manage expectations across projects and ensure any delays in established deliverables are communicated upward through the Integration Manager in an expedited manner.
- Ensure project issues are communicated upward through the Integration Manager in an expedited manner with the goal of preempting client escalations.
- Proactively provide upward feedback to improve internal processes.
- Engage help from Integration Manager and Biztalk Developers when needed. Do not impulsively over-commit our resources, services, features and functionality.
- Proactively keep clients up to date with status as well as new integration opportunities.
- Manage all meetings and interactions with the client. Ensure objectives are set at the beginning of the meeting, manage conversations to keep discussions on track, and conclude all conversations with a summarization of agreements, actions items, and next steps.
- Follow-up conversations with an email to all participants including meeting minutes for documentation purposes.
- Ensure client expectations are properly set and managed throughout the integration. Ensure both Corcentric and the customer understand what “Done” looks like.
- Manage client experience to drive high client satisfaction.
- Be professional, clear, concise and direct in all verbal and written communications. Document verbal communications in the form of meeting minutes when applicable. Ensure client contact is ongoing without delayed response time. Proactive communication is expected.
- Have difficult conversations early. Procrastination will not be tolerated if issues are known that need to be discussed internally and/or externally. Ignoring the situation in hopes it will correct itself will only compound the issue and decrease the chances of a positive outcome.
- Evaluate client requests that may be out of scope. Do not repeatedly provide free services. Engage the Integration Manager if additional guidance is required.
Requirements Documentation & Software Setup
- Participate in all requirement sessions and validation exercises.
- Clearly document all requirements using standard templates in a clear and concise manner. Avoid exposing ambiguity in any requirements and provide examples/samples where applicable.
- Review with and obtain Customer acceptance on the completed Requirements documentation.
- Participate in testing activities to verify the accuracy of all data and setups.
- Work with Biztalk Developers to implement and test all integration tasks
- Collaborate with Biztalk Developers to debug, document and resolve any identified application base or custom deficiencies.
- Ensure all project work products and deliverables are complete, accurate, and of quality. Be able to defend their completeness, accuracy, and quality in the event there is a question or dispute.
- Ensure all project work products and deliverables have version control and all versions are stored on the SharePoint for others to access. If a deliverable changes versions, ensure proper client sign-off is obtained on each change. Ensure all changes are communicated internally across all affected departments and resources.
The following outlines the specific measures for an Integrations Specialist. These measures will have a direct impact and correlation to performance appraisals and compensation.
Measure #1: Integrations
- Measured by meeting a reasonable number of integrations
- Measured by quality and accuracy of integrations
Measure #2: Client Satisfaction
- Measured by customer satisfaction of integrations based on quality and speed of delivery.
- Measured by quality of communication and resolution of issues.
- Measured through the ability to problem solve, or collect and analyze relevant data and information. Has the ability to gather information from multiple sources, and decide on a reasonable solution to resolve the problem.